How Often Should I Get a Diagnostic Test for My Car?
During a car diagnostic test, a mechanic will hook up a diagnostic tool to different computerized components of your vehicle. While the test won’t tell the mechanic exactly what’s wrong with the car, the test is a good starting point for making necessary repairs. But how often should you get a diagnostic test? Keep reading to find out:
- Once a year: Car troubles often start out small—so small that you may not even notice something’s wrong until your vehicle suffers a total breakdown. The best way to avoid catastrophic failure and expensive repair bills is by bringing your car in annually for a diagnostic test that’ll catch any minor problems before they worsen.
- Watch your dashboard lights: The check engine light and other dashboard lights can be easy to ignore, especially if everything seems to be running fine. But as soon as your dashboard starts to light up, visit a mechanic. These lights are your car’s way of telling you something’s wrong, and a mechanic can get to the root of the issue with a diagnostic test.
- Listen for strange noises: Knocking, squeaking or grinding sounds aren’t natural, and they should never be ignored. In terms of how often to get a car diagnostic test, bring your car in as soon as possible if you hear any strange noises. This holds true for strange operation, too. If your car is idling funny or if something just seems “off,” see a mechanic right away.
- When buying a used car: Purchasing a used car can be a crapshoot, particularly if you’re not buying from a reputable used car dealer. If you’re considering buying a used vehicle, we recommend bringing it in to get a diagnostic test before finalizing the deal. A diagnostic test will let you rest easy knowing that nothing is wrong with the vehicle.
Bring your vehicle to us!
Now you know how often to get a car diagnostic test, but do you know where to take your vehicle? Here are a reasons to choose AAA Sandoval Transmissions:
- Affordable pricing: There’s no reason to spend a fortune on a diagnostic test or car repairs. We provide affordable pricing for all of our services. We even offer free estimates to fix any issues that are uncovered during your diagnostic test.
- Wide range of services: We don’t just focus on transmission work at AAA Sandoval Transmissions—our mechanics can do it all. From transmission work to brake repair and diagnostic testing, there’s nothing our professionals can’t tackle.
- Dependable results: You can rest easy knowing our repairs will hold up. All of our mechanics are ASE-certified to guarantee reliable repairs that’ll keep your car running for miles and miles. Whether the repairs are minor or extensive, your car is in good hands with us.
If you’ve noticed something’s off or it’s just been a while since you’ve brought your vehicle to a mechanic for a car diagnostic test, come to AAA Sandoval Transmissions. Give us a call today to schedule routine maintenance!
Categorised in: Diagnostic Testing
This post was written by Writer