The transmission is a crucial part of your vehicle, and replacing it can be almost as time-consuming and expensive as replacing your engine. Transmissions take the power generated by the engine and direct it to the wheels, while regulating the engine speed so that it operates in a safe and steady manner.
Treating your transmission right will help you extend your vehicle’s longevity and prevent costly repairs later on down the road. Here are the five major issues that require you to see a mechanic for transmission repair in Hanford, CA:
- Your transmission is leaking: Anytime your car is leaking, you need to visit a mechanic right away, but this is especially the case when it’s your transmission fluid. You’ll be able to tell it’s the transmission fluid because it’s a red color, unlike anything else in your vehicle. Low fluid levels are a problem on their own, but they can develop into other issues on this list.
- You notice a burning smell: A burning smell on a manual transmission is a sure sign that you need to get your clutch examined, and possibly replaced. If you recall learning to drive a stick shift, this burning smell is the same as if you had trouble accelerating out of first gear.
- Your transmission starts grinding. Have you noticed whining or grinding noises as you’ve shifted gears lately? They might be addressed easily, by replacing or topping off your transmission fluid (if it’s low), but it may also be a sign of mechanical failure. Check the fluids first, and if that doesn’t solve the problem, see a repair technician as soon as possible.
- Your car has a slow response when shifting: When you try to shift and your car’s RPMs go out of control, you’re probably low on transmission fluid. Replace the fluid as soon as possible, but if you still have a slow shift response and RPM spike, visit a transmission repair shop in Hanford, CA right away.
- Your transmission has started to pop out of gear while driving: This is a sign that something is very wrong with your transmission and needs to be addressed immediately. If your transmission is popping out of gear or shifting to neutral while you’re driving, it could prevent you from being able to control your car. At high speeds, this could prove devastating to your car, as well as your safety and that of others on the road.
In most cases, regular inspection and maintenance are key to keeping your transmission in good shape, and several common issues are just a matter of making sure your fluid is topped off and doesn’t need to be replaced. However, since the transmission is such a key part of your vehicle’s operation, don’t put off visiting a repair shop as soon as you notice problems—the longer you wait, the worse they’ll get.
Do you need transmission repair in Hanford, CA? The friendly team at AAA Sandoval Transmissions is here to help you with complete vehicle repair and maintenance services. Call or stop by today to get help.
Categorised in: Transmission Service
This post was written by Writer