Spring is a good time to get your car tuned up—with summer on the horizon, you may be traveling more than usual, so it’s always a good idea to get everything checked out before you get halfway to your destination and discover a problem. Plus, your car is one of the biggest investments you’ll make. Keeping it in good shape ensures that you’ll have a running vehicle for years to come.
Scheduling your spring car maintenance in Hanford, CA is easy when you work with AAA Sandoval Transmissions. We’ll follow this easy spring vehicle maintenance checklist to ensure everything is running in top shape:
- Air filters: This is a good time to replace your air filter and clean out the filter box—it acts as a trap for dirt and debris that can make its way into the engine and cause damage.
- Battery: Obviously, you need your battery to be in good working order to power your ignition, lights and computer system. We’ll test your battery, replace it if necessary and check for signs of corrosion.
- Belts: Checking and replacing your belts periodically is a smart way to avoid unnecessary damage and repairs. Signs it’s time to replace them include cracking, missing ribs or fraying.
- Brakes: Have your brakes been making any grinding or screeching noises? If so, let your mechanic know when you drop your vehicle off for car maintenance in Hanford, CA. They’ll check the brake pads and discs and make any necessary replacements.
- Coolant: Keep your engine running smoothly by always making sure you have the appropriate amount of coolant, and that it’s not polluted with grime and dirt. We’ll also look for leaks and signs of worn hoses or insecure hose clamps.
- Lights: If you know one or more of your lights are out, we can fix that—but we’ll also test your headlights, taillights and blinkers to make sure they’re operational.
- Oil and oil filter change: You’ve been changing your oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, or as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer, right? If not, there’s no time like the present to change your oil and your oil filter. This directly impacts your engine’s longevity, so make sure you at least take the opportunity for an oil change.
- Tire pressure and tread: How are your tires looking after a long winter? If the tread is worn down, it’s time to replace them. We can also check the pressure and fill them up as needed.
- Wipers: Finally, spring means lots of rain and bugs, so your wiper fluid should be topped off and your wiper blades replaced.
Schedule your car maintenance in Hanford, CA
The team at AAA Sandoval Transmissions can help you with all of your maintenance or repair needs, any time of year. Our skilled mechanics can identify and solve your vehicle problems and make sure your car is ready to hit the road this spring and summer. Since 1979, we’ve been offering top-rated automotive services—call us today to book your appointment.
Categorised in: Car Maintenance
This post was written by Writer