Many people have a tendency to ignore little sounds or signs that something is amiss with their cars. After all, who wants the hassle of visiting a repair shop and the cost that goes along with it? But time and time again, people who avoid dealing with problems right away end up dealing with consequences later on.
Your car’s brakes clearly play an important role in keeping you safe, so it’s extremely important to remain open to signs that your car may need brake repair in Hanford, CA. Read on for some classic symptoms that your car should get some time in the shop:
- Vibrations: If you notice any pulsations or vibrations when you are braking, make sure to get those checked out right away. This is usually a sign that the brake rotors are beginning to fail, and holding off on checks can add lots of money to your repair bills.
- Screeching and squealing sounds: You might not be a car expert, but it’s usually easy to hear that something’s not right. If your brakes are making any type of squealing, screeching or rubbing noises, it might indicate a problem with your brake pads or rotors. Make sure to take in your car as soon as you can after it begins to make odd noises.
- Loss of functionality: There is a range of variability in terms of how brakes feel when you press on the pedal, as some are more responsive than others. Despite this, it’s clear there’s a problem with your brakes if you have to push the pedal all the way to the floor for your car to begin to stop. This type of symptom usually indicates that the brake pads need replacing, and you should head right over to the shop to get that taken care of.
- Burning smells: Anytime you smell something like burning when you’re driving, stop the car immediately and get it checked out. When you start to smell something foul and burning near the tires, it’s clear that the brakes are definitely shot and need to be repaired or replaced.
- Warning lights: You may have ignored the car’s warning lights previously, thinking that you shouldn’t bother with repairs unless you notice any more obvious signs. However, this type of thinking can lead to more expensive repairs. The warning system is in place to indicate something is wrong, so make sure to heed its message right away.
If you notice any of the signs above, make sure to head to a shop for brake repair in Hanford, CA. One of the top-rated local shops around is AAA Sandoval Transmissions, which has served the region for more than four decades. Our experienced technicians and excellent service have helped us receive an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Though AAA Sandoval Transmissions would be happy to help with any of your brake repair or replacement needs, we also offer general checkups and tune-ups, and specialize in transmission repair. Call today for more information or to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Brake Repair
This post was written by Writer